Tuesday, October 28, 2008

OK folks - 1 week to go until we elect a new President. For all the elections I have voted in, I cannot remember a more important election than this one!! With that said, and, no matter which candidate you favor, please, just VOTE!! Too many people take for granted what their vote means.
In the spirit of our election, I have stamped a few things. The image used is the Statue of Liberty from The Stampsmith (http://www.stampsmith.net/). It is a beautiful rubber stamp made from a photograph. Estelle, the owner of the Stampsmith, recently explained to me that the photo was taken by a dear friend of hers from Holland who she had met on kibbutz 25 years ago. One year her friend came to the USA and took this photo of the statue and it was made into this beautiful rubber stamp. Knowing the history behind an image just makes it more special.

This card started out as a congratulations card for someone that just took his Citizen oath - another new citizen of the USA.

The above card was done for a sketch on http://stampersquest.com/. Check them out to see other cards made with the same sketch.

This started out as a white photo frame from Michael's. I added Glimmer Mist in reds and blues, the added the stars, and matted the stamped image as a photo.

8 comments:

  1. Very nice, Michael. I love all three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work, as always. And what a great stamp!
    Hope to see you soon,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH beautiful! I just thought that was a photo..not a stamped image! Just so lovely! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michael!
    Your Statue of Liberty cards are beautiful!!! What a great image you chose and how well you designed your cards around them!!!! I like 'em!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three are beautiful, and I echo your sentiment that voting is a privilege not to be either ignored or taken lighty. Read the issues, read the platforms, and vote with integrity and pride that you live in the greatest country in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! That is the coolest stamp I've ever seen! I thought it was a photo. I must get it!! Thanks for sharing!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful Stamp, and Cards!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...