Sunday, April 19, 2015

Can You Case It (CYCI) No. 66


Good morning and happy Sunday to everyone.  Because it's Sunday, this means another Can You Case It Challenge.  This week is no. 66 and, once again, it was my choice to do whatever I wanted.  I love these weeks!!

There are also 3 new amazing designers that have been added to the CYCI Design Team - Maggie Mata, Tina Riddle, and Holly Stene!  You can read more about them over at Can You Case It and make sure to enter a card in the challenge no. 66 - just click HERE!

Below is the card I made this week's challenge.  I love this card because it can be used for Mother's Day (which is coming up quickly) or for any other occasion (just change the phrase) or leave the phrase off completely and use as a quick note card.  And, you can make it in under 10 minutes!


I started with an A2 Whisper White cardstock base (Stampin Up).  Cut a piece of Perfect Plum cardstock (Stampin Up) at 4" x 5.25" and adhere it to the card front.  Cut another piece of Whisper White cardstock in 3.75" x 5".  

For the jar, flowers and stems, I used 2 different sets from PaperTrey Ink - Friendship Jar Summer Fillers (jar and flowers) and  Friendship Jar Fillers (for the stems in the water).

I did NOT want this image to be centered on the card.  I wanted it off center and off the page.  So I stamped the jar first so that a small portion was off the cardstock.  Then I masked above the jar and stamped the stems portion from the flowers in the Fillers set so that they would look like they were sitting in the water.  Then I stamped the flowers from the Summer Fillers set over the top of the jar.  
For coloring - First I used I used G14 (Apple Green) on the stems.  Then I colored the water in the jar with B000 (Pale Porcelain Blue).  Then I used G07 (Nile Green) and G14 (Apple Green) on the leaves, and BV00 (Mauve Shadow) and BV04 (Blue Berry) on the flowers.  Finally a dab of Y08 (Acid Yellow) for the center of each flower and then I went back and put a dab of Yellow Stickles over the Y08 for a bit of shimmer.  


Then I stamped the Best Wishes phrase (Vintage Labels, Stampin Up - retired) on a piece of Whisper White cardstock and layered it on a piece of the Perfect Plum. Glue to card front and then place a few pop dots to the back and adhere to the card front.  

That's it.  Really a very easy card to make.  I hope you will join us this week and enter an easy, less than 10 minute card, using whatever stamps and papers and colors you want.  Make sure to enter it in the Can You Case It No. 66 Challenge.  And check out all the other fantastic creations by the rest of the Design Team Members!!

Thanks for stopping by and hugs from Brasil.

~Michael 

Supplies Used:
Whisper White and Perfect Plum Cardstock (Stampin Up)
Vintage Labels (Sale-A-Bration set from Stampin Up_
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
Copics - B000, Y08, BV00, BV04, G07, G14
Pop Dots
Yellow Stickles

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and an amazing coloring job! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael... Damn this is hot!!! Love all the detail... yup, LOVES IT!!! :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and lovely coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this :) I'm a mason jar girl! And your coloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael, I love the detailed flowers. Love the elegance of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Michael -

    What a beautiful card to start the day with. Your use of the Copics is fabulous. Using the Stickles put the absolute perfect touch to your bouquet. With this card design the white space really puts the spotlight on the flowers. Just a fabulous card all around.

    Congrats on becoming a member of the CYCI group. I'm sure it will be great fun for you and your followers will get the benefit of your talents. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Grace! Glad you were able to stop by my blog and leave such a nice comment!

      Delete
  7. Loved it! And just uploaded my card to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to see you here, Michael! Lovely creation!

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...