Saturday, May 2, 2015

The Making of a Baby Mini Album - Part 1



Hello everyone!!  No card today but I did want to share some photos of a baby mini album I am making for a friend. Okay...her grandson is now over a year old but I have not had the time to make this until now.  Hopefully she will want to fill it with photos of the first year but, if not, it will go to someone else!  LOL

The inspiration for this album comes from a women I found on youtube about a year ago.  Her name is Sheryl and she has a series of videos showing how to make a book like what I am making.  Once you watch the videos you will be able to take the different aspects of what she does and make your own books.  The videos are really well done and very easy to follow.  You can find her HERE.

The photo at the top is the front of the book.  The papers are from a Brasilian scrapbook paper company.  The stars are chipboard from Momento Divertido (Brasilian), which I embossed with Denim embossing powder from Stampin Up and Shabby White embossing enamel from Stampendous. The "hello" is a small wooden piece I found in the clearance section at Michael's about a year ago, also embossed with Denim, and the "baby" is from the Oh Baby die by My Favorite Things, which I cut from dark blue paper and then covered with glossy accents.  I am on the fence but I think I want to add one more small star above the "hello".

Here is the book fully open showing the front, spine and back of the book.  


I also got a few pages done.  


The above will be the first page.  The baby onesie is a die from Top Dog, as are the crown and the neck and leg pieces.  Paper is brasilian and I added a small button at the bottom.  Inside will be the info on the baby's birth. 

The outside of page 2.  The button holds the front flap closed.

The page opened to show the areas for photos or journaling. 
For this page, the button holds the flap down and when you open it, you have room for 2 photos or some journaling. Lots of layers but a fun page. 


This is the last page done so far.  The polaroid diecuts are from a stamp/die set from A Jillian Vance Design called Foto Frame.  4 little photos on one page.  Love it!!  The letters are from a sticker set I found on clearance someplace.  But they look great on this page.    

Well, that's it so far.  It's fun to do but a lot of thinking goes into this book.  As I get more pages done, I will add them to the blog until the whole book is finished.  

Hugs from Brasil -

~Michael

4 comments:

  1. Oh Michael! This mini album is out of this world gorgeous! I can certainly understand why this is taking you a while, it looks like a lot of work. I'll check out the site you got it from later on today. You don't need to add another star to the cover because it's perfect as it is and you might find that another star would be just a wee bit too much. Every page that you have done is exciting! The colors are so happy and the little onesy is absolutely gorgeous. Isn't it funny how you see something that strikes you and buy it and put it away. Then months or years after you bought it the light bulb goes off, you remember you have it and it's the absolutely perfect embellishment! Now, if you were out looking for the absolutely embellishment you wouldn't be able to find it, at least that seems to be the way it works for me.

    You friend is very, very fortunate to have you to make this fabulous keepsake book for her. AND, you know what they say - "better late than never"!

    Thank you so much for sharing this amazingly beautiful mini album with us. Hugs from Maine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grace!! So...I get the feeling that you like this mini album. LOL. Justin told me you would love it. I really love doing albums like this. Sometimes I can do one in a day or two if I am not bothered too much. This one I am taking my time on though. I just want each page to look very fresh and nice. My friend Sue finally did see it on my blog and she cannot wait to get a year's worth of photos to put into it. Once it is fully finished, I will do a video to show each aspect of the book. Glad you love it!!

      Delete
  2. Looks very beautiful and I hope you will share it when you get it ready.
    For sure your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla. Yes, Sue will love it now that she saw the blog post. LOL. And once you tell me what your DIL is having, I will be able to get one done for you too!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...