Friday, March 4, 2016

Retro Rubber Challenge Card - Wish Big Candles with Hero Arts


Hello everyone.  TGIF!!!  The start to another weekend.  Today and tomorrow we have our friend Ana Stela in the store teaching classes using a scoring board and papers to make some really cute boxes.  On Sunday I am going to try and find an arts & crafts fair that I heard about that is about 45 minutes from here. Hope it's good!  But let's see if the weather cooperates.  

Today I have a card I made for this week's challenge over at the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.  I used a Hero Arts stamp called Wish Big Candles (has to be more than 5 years old) with some cardstock from my stash.  Below is the sketch we had to use for inspiration.  



For my card, I started with an A2 card base, top folding, to which I adhered a piece of cardstock from my stash.  I love this design because it allows for color around the whole card.  


Then I adhered a piece of red cardstock - 4" x 5.25".


Then I cut a piece of white cardstock, 3 7/8" x 5 1/8", stamped the candles using a stamp positioner and Memento Tuxedo Black ink. adhered it to the card front, colored the candles in with Copic markers and then applied various Stickles to some of the candles.


After the Stickles dried, I stamped the phrase on another piece of white cardstock, trimmed it, adhered it to a piece of red cardstock, and then adhered both pieces to the card front using pop dots.  Done!!

I hope you liked this card using older stamps and papers.  If you have older stamps that need some loving I hope you will check out the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.  If you want to upload your own creation for this week's challenge, you have until March 11th to do so.  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 
Michael

Supply List:
Copic Markers - V17 (Amethyst), B05 (Process Blue), Y08 (Acid Yellow), FYG1 (Fluorescent Yellow), FYR1 (Fluorescent Orange), FRV1 (Fluorescent Pink), FYG2 (Fluorescent Dull YG)
Stickles - Orange Peel, Firefly, Glam Pink, Waterfall, Yellow, and Crystal
Memento Tuxedo Black Inkpad

13 comments:

  1. Love this card!!! Kinda blew my mind how old this stamp was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacob!! If you saw how many old stamps I have, that would blow your mind. LOL. Thanks for stopping by the blog today.

      Delete
  2. Oh WOW!! That's a lot of candles!!! I'm that many candles x 3 + 10!!!!! LOL!! Beautiful, colorful card!!
    Thank you for playing along this week at the Retro Rubber Challenge, we love seeing your fabulous cards in the gallery.

    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria. Glad you like this card too. I have just as many candles on my cakes. LOL. Love playing along with you guys.

      Delete
    2. Hi Maria. Glad you like this card too. I have just as many candles on my cakes. LOL. Love playing along with you guys.

      Delete
  3. OMG, Mr. Trent, this is one gorgeous card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great birthday card! Love your colorful candles! I have to look up Stickles now - never heard of that! You used the DSP wonderfully since it really adds color and detail but without taking away from the focal point. Thank you for playing with Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this very colorful birthday card. You did a great job with the coloring. It is such a fun card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic birthday card, Michael. Love the bold colors for the candles as well as the pop of color behind the main focal point. We are delighted that you enjoy your retro stamps and play along in our Retro Rubber gallery!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! I always love your stamping work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, love your birthday card, nice bright and colorful card! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG this is stunning..I love the abundance of candles in all the pretty colours. Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Michael! I am so glad to see you back with us! And I was so busy staring at the bright candles that I never even noticed the paper in the background! I find it ironic that the number of candles match my exact age! LOL! A very long time ago! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...