Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Stamp Ink Paper Challenge - Christmas (or Chanukah)!


Hello everyone.  At the moment I am on my way into the big city - Sao Paulo - for 3 days. I am attending the Mega Artesenal, which is, I believe, the largest arts and crafts fair in South America and includes everything - rubber stamping, papers, patchwork and fabric, stencils, fine art products, Dremel, and a huge area of handmade items that you can buy outright. It only happens once a year and since I was in NYC last year at this time and missed the show, to say that I am super excited to be going this year, would be an understatement. Feel free to follow me on Instagram at "worldofmichaeltrent" as I will be sharing photos of the show.  

Today's card is for the new Stamp Ink Paper Challenge - Christmas in July.  


But, being a nice Jewish guy (that lights a menorah and decorates a Christmas tree), I was told that it was okay for me to make a Chanukah card.  Hey, I betcha there are Jewish people that follow the blog!  

I started by making an A2, top folding, card base with textured navy blue cardstock.  Then I took used one of the scallop border dies from the Curved Borders Two set on a piece of silver cardstock, which I adhered to the card front.  I also rounded the two corners on the bottom of the card front.  


   
Then I cut a piece of white cardstock, 4 1/4" x 4 1/2", die cut the bottom with the plain pierced border die from the same set, stamped Sarah and one of the phrases with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored her in with Copic markers. I also used a Stardust Clear Gelly Roll pen on the menorah to give it a silver shimmer.  

I love how she is smiling up at the menorah as all 9 candles are lit.  I bet there is a smell of a pan of fried potato latkes wafting through the house too!  



The last things I did were to apply a small piece of the same navy blue cardstock above the image and then I adhered it to the card front so that the pierced border sat just above the scalloped border.



I love making holiday cards and I hope you get a chance to make one also for the Stamp Ink Paper Christmas challenge!  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil!
Michael


4 comments:

  1. So glad to see you made a Hanukkah card! I was going to skip this week, but I guess I'll play along after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you made a "Happy Chanukah" card. I always need ideas for them to send to friends. I look forward to seeing Mega Artesenal through your eyes via Instagram - thanks in advance for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, here's at least one Jewish person who appreciates seeing a Chanukah card. And beautifully done!! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...