Monday, April 3, 2017

Super Easy Easter Cards/Notecards with Memory Box


Hello everyone!  I hope everyone had an awesome weekend.  On Saturday we had a table at a friend's "crop".  It was an Easter themed class and was a lot of fun.  The rest of the weekend was just getting all those little things done!  


I have also been really busy pumping out some 4" cards for Easter and wanted to share a few with you guys this week. These are super easy and super fast to make and are the perfect size to add to an Easter basket or, if you are heading to Easter lunch or dinner, the perfect size to slip into that small gift or plate of food you are bringing.  And, with a 12" x 12" piece of cardstock, you can make 3 - 4 cards. 

I started by cutting two pieces of white cardstock, 4" x 8", and scoring them in half.  This gives me my 4" square card base.  Then, using Stitched Square Layers (Memory Box), I cut two pieces of cardstock - one in pink and one in blue, which I then adhered to the card front.  


Then I grabbed a stamp set and matching die called Birthday Bunnies.  Even though this set is really made for birthdays, when I saw the little carrot stamp I knew this would be perfect for Easter too.  So I stamped the two bunnies and two carrots and then colored each of them in with Bic Markers.


Since this set does not have an Easter greeting I had to make my own.  I started by die cutting one of the flags from Favor Flags (Clear and Simple Stamps) and then stamped the phrase "easter greetings" from Tiny Phrases (Woodware - retired) on to the flag.  


Last thing to do is to adhere the carrot to the bunny's paw using a dot of glue. Then I placed some small pop dots on the back of the bunny and the phrase.  

Two options here -   

Here is the girl card when I adhered the bunny and phrase to the card front on top of the pink cardstock.  


Here is the boy card.  I cut a piece of white cardstock with the next smaller size die, which I adhered to the card front on top of the colored cardstock.  Then  I adhered the bunny and phrase.  


And that's it!  Done!  You will have to let me know which version you like better. I like that extra layer of white cardstock. I think the card pops a bit more. I hope you enjoyed this post.  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil  - 

Michael 

3 comments:

  1. Those cute little Easter cards are perfect for so many uses! I'll have to make some. Love how you get into your work with the ears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those bunnies! Thanks for sharing your darling work :)

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...