Thursday, July 27, 2017

Retro Rubber Challenge 67 - Rainbow Colors



Hello everyone!  I hope everyone has been well.  I am finally getting over the flu.  We went to the Mega Artesenal last week, which is the largest arts and crafts festivals in Latin America.  It only happens one week per year and as soon as one ends I am waiting for the next to start.  Well, this year I got there for the first day and then got really sick, came home and stayed in bed for several days.  I was not happy but....stuff happens.  LOL   Now just counting down the days until July 2018.  HaHa!

Today I have a card I made for the current challenge over on the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.  This week's Challenge No. 67 is all about rainbows or rainbow colors!  Considering how bright my work usually is, this was a no-brainer.  I decided to go a bit artsy with a stamp with a great phrase and some paintbrushes with....you got it....rainbow colored paint on the tips.  Let's get started....

I started with an A2 top folding card base of white cardstock.   I went through my stash and found a fun multi colored paper, which I adhered to the card front.  


Next, using the stitched rectangle from the Bundle of Stitched Shapes set (Simon Says Stamp), I cut a piece of white cardstock and stamped the "Life is a Canvas" image (Technique Junkies) on the left side and colored the word "canvas" with rainbow colored Bic markers.  I then cut a piece of white fun foam, adhered it to the back of the white cardstock and then I adhered both to the card front so the colorful paper gave it a border.


Next I used 2 stamp sets from Papertrey Ink - the Friendship Jar stamp and the Friendship Jar Fillers stamp set.   I stamped the jar on both a piece of white cardstock and a piece of acetate.  Then I cut them out using the matching die from the Jar and Lid set.  Then I stamped the paintbrushes, colored them in with rainbow colored Bic markers and fussy cut them out.  



Next I adhered the brushes to the jar on white cardstock.  Then I adhered the acetate jar over the brushes so they look like they are in a glass jar.  Lastly I put a few pop dots on the back and adhered the jar to the card front next to the phrase.  


Done!  I am in love with this phrase and this jar of brushes.  I think I may need to redo this project on a canvas for the wall.  What do you guys think?  I hope you enjoyed this card and I hope you can find time to enter your own card into the Retro Rubber Challenge!!  Until next time....

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

10 comments:

  1. Michael, this is just jaw dropping! I love it so much, it made me so happy, all the details, especially the jar of brushes, amazing. Always love seeing you in our gallery, thanks for joining us this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back with this gorgeous card. I'm glad you were feeling better to play along with your crafting. Thanks for sharing this beautiful work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, love your card, the colors you used on it is just perfect for the challenge. I love that sentiment too, just perfect. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the perfect card for my teenage niece that is dealing with worthiness & self esteem issues. She is naturally artistic & has just begun painting. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever artsy way to provide rainbow colors to your project, Michael! Yes, take it to canvas for a display! Thanks so much for sharing it with Retro Rubber this challenge. Hope you continue to feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michael, this is another gobsmacker! I love the way that the sentiment matches the image, the bright dots just peeking out at the edges and those brushes - you must love to fussy cut! It all adds up to a spectacular card. Thanks so much for joining us at Retro Rubber for our rainbow challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Michael-
    Long time no talk! Sorry you missed the festival! :(
    As always I (((heart))) your work. I think I need that sentiment to go with some images I have. Great way to build the jar!
    Love the idea of taking it to canvas.
    Hugs
    Margot (NYC)


    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your art brushes in beautiful rainbow colors! Your card turned out so pretty - well worth the fussy cut time. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber and always look forward to seeing you in our gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely to meet you through your well-deserved win at Retro Rubber, Michael! Congratulations! Yes, definitely you should create this amazing design on a canvas! I love your photo tute, BTW! I'm happy to be your newest follower and I'd love to have you visit and follow me, too! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...