Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Outer Stair Step Card Template and Instructions

I was informed that making this card base is a bit difficult and to just buy packages of the cards already made.  But, after playing a bit, ruining a few pieces of paper, and almost losing my mind, I have figured out a simple way to make the template. I make one template to use for when I want to make additional cards. 

All you need, as far as supplies, is a piece of card stock, 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", a ruler or grid mat, a paper piercer or awl, an Exacto knife, a pencil, and a scoring board.

(Please note, do not write on your cards like I have done in the photos.  This is just for information purposes only).


1.  Cut your card stock to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".
 
2.  Use a ruler or a grid mat, punch a small hole with a paper piercer or awl at - 1 1/4" from the bottom and 2 1/4" from the left side of card and then another small hole at - 2 1/4" down from the top and 2 1/4" from the left side of the card.
 
 3.  Line a ruler from the two punched holes and cut a line between the two holes using a sharp Exacto knife.  The cut line will measure 5".  
4.  Turn card over and lay on a scoring board so that the wider section is at the top.
5.  Score from top to cut line at 1 1/4", 2", 3", 4 1/4" (across the whole card), and at 6 1/4" to cut line.
6.  Fold with mountain and valley folds as indicated in the photo below.  
7.  You will end up with a card base like this.  
8.  What I do is keep a template of the card with just the two holes punched as in No. 2, above.  Then, when I want to make other cards, I just lay this template on top of a few sheets of card and punch a hole through the cards.  Then just cut the line and score.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I learned to make this card and included it and your link in my new blog post. I'm pretty new to blogging so I
    hope this is proper etiquette.

    Here is the link if you would like to look at it:
    http://pjstreasures.blogspot.com/

    If there's anything wrong with the way I did it, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’d never save on my house. Therefore, I opt for ash stairs, which arevery durable. Ash wood steps

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...