Monday, January 12, 2015

Happy New Year and OH MY GOD, I TURNED 50!!

Happy Birthday To Me!


Hello everyone!  Just having some fun with the subject line of my post today.  I have turned 50 - but I am not freaking out over it. Honestly, I feel better at 50 than I did at 49!  LOL

Sorry I have not posted anything in a few weeks.  My friend Eleni - who I know for over 30 years - came all the way from Houston, Texas for the holidays and to help me celebrate the big 50!  Also, unlike in the USA, the holidays here in Brasil mean that things slow down, stores and restaurants close, and people go on a month long vacation. Especially in our small town! It's been quiet and so has my blog! 

I hope everyone had an amazing holiday, that you got great art supplies, stencils, boxes of dark chocolate double stuff Oreos, and maybe a puppy! Wishing everyone a fantastic 2015!!!  

I did not get many presents for my birthday - at my request - but I did get the BEST Birthday Card EVER!!!  My BFF, Sue Macken, made me this card, which she mailed to Eleni so that Eleni could bring it to me in her luggage! Sneaky!!  It arrived in an envelope.  With a big note on it saying "do not open until December 24th".  Yeah...my birthday is Christmas Eve, which is also why it is never a really big deal to me.

So I waited...until the 24th!  Then I went on Skype with Sue and opened it while she and Eleni watched.  As I opened the envelope and then slid the card out, it popped up and open into this amazing "Card In A Box".

That is Sue on the Ipad and Eleni behind me in the 3rd photo!
To say I was shocked and overwhelmed by the amount of work that went into this card, would be an understatement.  Sue does amazing work and I know she is as anal as I am.  So I could only imagine the time, the amount of perfect die cutting, and adhering that went into this!  I am sure she was up to the wee hours of the morning getting this done just perfectly!

But I love it and will treasure it forever! 

If you want to see more of her work, check out her Etsy shop HERE -  she has the nicest cards and tags for every occassion!  (No, she did not ask me to add her site here, has no idea I am even doing this blog post, and she will probably kill me the next time I am in NY.)   

Below are more close-ups of the different parts of the box. 








Of course she keeps getting the number wrong!
Again, I want to take a moment to wish all my readers a very Happy, Healthy, Prosperous, and Art Filled 2015!!

Stop back again soon because I have a bunch of new posts coming up!

Hugs from Cosmopolis, Brasil!!
~Michael

12 comments:

  1. Now that really is a cool card!! WOW!! You are 50?! No can't be, you don't look a day over 21! Happy Birthday and Happy New Year! Again! LOL! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...Justin...I am celebrating the first year of my 49th birthday!! :-)

      Delete
  2. No matter how may times I see this pop up card I love it more, just as much as I love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TA. Wish I had made the card but it was all Sue!! Love you too.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! And I agree... that's one incredible birthday card! Hope you have a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card, amazing Sue, amazing Michael! Thanks for sharing this delightful post! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the card and the post Tatiana!! More coming!!

      Delete
  5. Happy Half A Century! What a gorgeous Birthday card! LOVE all the silver sparkle on it!! Have a wonderful 50th year! You are 18,282 days old today!!! But who's counting? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Barbara! Who knew I was THAT many days old. Makes 50 look good. LOL. Actually...feel great and hope to have as much sparkle in 2015 as this card has.

      Delete
  6. You are one lucky young man Michael. That is the most fantastic birthday card I have ever seen! Wishing you a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace. It is the most fantastic card ever!!! Wishing you a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2015 too!!!

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...