Thursday, July 28, 2016

Birds On A Wire Say Hello!



Hello everyone!!  I wasn't planning a post today but wanted to share this quick, easy, and fun card I made yesterday.  We have a really nice customer who loves to call the store and say "Hello.  It's Adele". LOL.  Yesterday she placed an order and one of the things she bought was this stencil - 


and, I do not know why, but I thought of a card with one of the birds saying "hello" in a speech bubble.  And then I went to work....

I started with a top folding A2 card base of black cardstock to which I adhered a piece of decorative paper 4" x 5 1/4".    


I used my Blueprints 1 set by MFT and cut and embossed a piece of white cardstock with the smallest rectangle die and a piece of black with the larger die.

I placed a piece of white cardstock on my mat and then secured the section of the stencil I wanted to use, over the white cardstock with painter's tape. Then, using a dauber and Versafine Onyx Black ink, I dabbed the ink through the stencil.


to get this - 


Then I adhered the white cardstock to the black cardstock, which I then adhered to the card front.


Now, I could have stopped here but I still needed a speech bubble with "hello" in it.  I found the perfect stamp from Goodies, a Brasilian company.  I stamped the image in Versafine and fussy cut it out.  Then I placed a pop dot behind it and placed it on the card front so that the bird was saying "hello".
   


Done!!  I really loved how quick and easy this card came together.  And it was nice card without the speech bubble too.  Here are the two cards in final form.  



Leave me a comment below and let me know which one you liked better.  Stop back tomorrow when I have a Christmas card for you guys.  Until then -

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

8 comments:

  1. I like the one with the speech bubble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute if I can say this. I love the background first off because it's so elegant looking but then this one bird says hello like he is coming in to gab to the others. Love it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Birgit. For a CAS card, I really like how this turned out. And I love how the bird looks like he is about to join a conversation too. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  3. I love the one with the speech bubble! That would be such a fun card to send! I want that stencil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Thanks!! Glad you like this card. I am sure you can find a stencil like this in the states. It's a very common look and theme. And, this is a fun card. You can change that speech bubble to whatever you want it to say.

      Delete
    2. LOL. Thanks!! Glad you like this card. I am sure you can find a stencil like this in the states. It's a very common look and theme. And, this is a fun card. You can change that speech bubble to whatever you want it to say.

      Delete
    3. Tee Hee! That speech bubble could be fun. Imagine the possibilities!

      Delete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...