Friday, July 29, 2016

With Love At Christmas {Card}



Happy Friday everyone.  I hope everyone had a relatively nice week.  TGIF!!  Bring on the weekend. I am ready.  LOL.  I actually made today's card about 2 weeks ago for one of the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge blog but forgot to upload it in time.  I am really in love with how this card came out and wanted to share it with y'all.

I started with a top folding A2 card base of red cardstock.  I cut a piece of white cardstock 4" x 5 1/4" and adhered it to the inside of the card so it can be written on.  

To make the scene, I started with a piece of white cardstock 3 3/4" x 5" and then blended squeezed lemonade, chipped sapphire, and broken china Distress Inks with the ink blending tool.  I did my best to keep away from the bottom of the cardstock where I wanted it to look like snow.

Using Versamark Ink, Black Sparkle Embossing Powder by Ranger, and a heat gun, I embossed the Happy Holiday Trees by Hero Arts right over the blending background.


I had a Christmas stamp set that I had gotten a few years ago in one of my Cardmaking & Papercraft magazines and wanted to put it to good use.  So I stamped the image of the bear pulling the sled with the cat on it twice - once on a piece of white cardstock and again over the trees where I knew I would adhere the other image.  


Using various Copic markers, I colored in the image on the white cardstock and then fussy cut it.  


I stamped one of the phrases that came in the set on the right side of the image and colored it in with a red Copic.  I adhered this to a piece of black cardstock (to give a slight border), 5 1/8" x 3 7/8", which I then adhered to the card front.

Then I put some pop dots behind the image I fussy cut and adhered it right over where I stamped it on the card front.  


Lastly, I die cut the larger star from the Star of Wonder set by Memory Box using gold cardstock and adhered it between the trees.  Then I applied Frosted Lace Stickles to all the tree branches.  Once it dried it had a beautiful sparkle to it that really made this card look like a real winter scene.  


Done!!  I know it's summer in the states but it's never too early to start making some Holiday cards and I hope this card inspired you to start making some.  Let me know what you thought of this card by leaving me a comment below.  I hope everyone has a great weekend.  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil -

Michael

6 comments:

  1. This is really an awesome Christmas card...everything is so realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lois. Ya know...I thought the same thing. I don't know how I achieved this but the trees really do look like they are popping off the paper.

      Delete
  2. OMG-Love this scene!! I love the distress dyes you used for the evening look and the trees just bring in that peaceful look. How I wish i could be in that scene now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Birgit. Glad you love this card. I am really happy how this turned out. But...I do not want to be in that scene. LOL. Not a snow lover at all.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful Christmas card, Michael. I love the scene. The little kitten is enjoying the ride. The blended background and the snowy trees are wonderful. Thanks for the step-by-step details of how you did it. Yes, I'm inspired to begin my Christmas cards. I don't want to be in the snow either. It will come soon enough in the States.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Michael, this is just a gorgeous and adorable Christmas scene!!! the line of trees in the background look amazing with all that sparkly snow but the perfectly fussy cut Teddy and Friend are the stars of this card, I'm so glad you decided to do it this way, you could have just stamp the image, make a mast and then stamp the trees but the way you did it gives it so much dimension and it looks simply amazing.
    It's indeed Summer up here in the Mid West and it's been hot, hot!! Love this warm temps and I enjoy them as much as I can because once September or October arrives, there is no escaping the long and cold Winter months until possibly late May.
    Thank you for sharing this sweet and beautiful card.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...