Monday, October 24, 2016

Easy Speech Bubble Cards with Character Constructions


Hello everyone and Happy Monday!?  I hope everyone has a nice weekend.  We had Ruy's nieces here (Gabriella and Marina) for the weekend.  Saturday they acted as his models in his photography class and yesterday we got to drive them back to Sao Paulo.  And I got to get some Chinese food!!  It is not easy finding my favorite food here.  The temperature here also dropped and we had a few cooler days.  But it will not stay this way.  LOL.  Overall....a nice weekend.

Now, about today's cards.....last week I was catching up with my friend Elisa and she told me she was working on some projects for her new yoga studio using stamps from Character Constructions.  I have a box on my work area with stamps and dies that I have ideas for but need the time to get them out of my head.  One of the stamps in the box is from Character Constructions - called "Theatre of Dreams 18" from her Theatre of Dreams Catalog.   I have gone to use this image so many times it's not funny but, for whatever reason, I got sidetracked.  But talking to Elisa made me get this out and use it....finally!!

The image is supposed to be of people sitting in the audience of a theatre.  But I also see a throng of people walking on the street...to work...to the subway...etc. But I always saw these cards with speech bubbles.  And they are so simple to make.

For these 3 cards I started by stamping the image a few times using black ink on white cardstock.  


For the first card, which is the card at the top, I trimmed one of the pieces of white cardstock with the image to 4" x 5.25", which I adhered to a piece of black cardstock, 4.25" x 5.5", which I then adhered to the front of an A2 card front.  I then stamped the "hello" speech bubble (Scrap Goodies) on the front.  


Done!  Now, come one, that is easy!  LOL

For the 2nd card -


I started with an A2 card front of white cardstock.  I adhered a piece of decorative paper, 4.25" x 5.5", to the front.  Then I trimmed one of the images to 3.75" x 5", adhered this to a piece of black cardstock, 4" x 5.25", and then adhered this to the card front.  Then I die cut one of the speech bubbles from Conversation Bubble Two by Spellbinders, stamped the "thanks" (Scraplooving) on to the speech bubble, and then adhered to the card front using pop dots.  

For the 3rd card - 


I started with a top folding A2 card base of white cardstock.  I adhered a piece of decorative paper to the front.  Then I trimmed the last image to 3.25" x 3.75", adhered to to a piece of pink cardstock, 3.5" x 4".  I distressed the edges of the pink cardstock and adhered this to the card front.  Then I stamped the "happy birthday" speech bubble (Hero Arts), fussy cut it out, and adhered it to the card front.  I then glued some crystals to the speech bubble and the corners of the image.  Done!! 

I have to admit that I like the hello card the most since it's black and white only. But I can see so many options with this image and one speech bubble of your choice.  Let me know what you think about these cards by leaving a comment below.  Hope you liked them all.  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your card as well as that stamp. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lois! This stamp really rocks. Glad you love the cards.

      Delete
  2. Great cards, Michael! I love this image and could imagine a lot of different scenarios with it. And now you have put Chinese food in my head as well, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimberley - you have no idea how much I miss the easy ordering and delivery of Chinese food!! When I can get it here, I grab it. LOL. Glad you love this image and the cards. Thanks for the comment and for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  3. These are great because I love the bubble idea and one could also be a little rude for that certain special one:) my mind is so bad.....I love how you highlighted the one lady's hat in the card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Birgit!! I have a few rude bubbles in my head too but this is a family blog. LOL. Thanks for the comments and for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  4. Omg, I am a HUGE Character Constructions FAN, as you know, and I have never seen this stamp! It is so cool.. Ok, gotta have it. So much you can do with this one! ps, Thanks for the shout out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listen Elisa...you are the one that got me into Character Constructions stamps!! I cannot believe I have one that you don't. LOL. Glad you like them and the shout out!

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...