Friday, November 18, 2016

SIP Challenge 74 - Clean & Simple Christmas Card with IO Stamps


TGIF everyone!!!  Man, today took forever to get here.  This was a crazy week - filled with more clouds and rain than I ever wanted - and I am shocked I actually got this card done in time.  This week's challenge over at Stamp Ink Paper Challenge is Challenge No. 74 - Clean & Simple Christmas

To make my card I started with a top folding A2 card base of white cardstock. To the front I adhered a piece of decorative paper with a Christmas feel to it.  Then I cut a piece of red cardstock, 4" x 5.25", which I adhered to the card front.

Next I cut a piece of white cardstock 3.75" x 5".  Using the Round Ornaments 2 set by Impression Obsession, I stamped one of the ornaments with Warm Red Chalk ink by ColorBox (my favorite) and then I embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I then stamped the string the ornament hangs on, also in the Warm Red Chalk ink.  Next I stamped the Happy Holidays To You phrase, also by Impression Obsession, with Jet Black Archival ink by Ranger Inc.  I then adhered this to the red cardstock on the card front.

Next, using the Round Ornament Die by Impression Obsession, I cut the bow out of red cardstock, which I adhered to the top of the ornament.  And the last thing I did was to adhere crystals to the center of the flowers and in the center of the bow.  

Here is a close up of the card front - 


Done!!  I hope this card is CAS enough for the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge.  I think it is.  If you want to upload your own project for the challenge, just click HERE to be taken right over to the page.  

Hope you enjoyed this card!!  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Michael! This ornament is simply stunning. So bold and elegant. Love it! Thanks for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week! Always love seeing your stuff. Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by the blog and leaving your comments. Glad you love this as much as I do. Simple and elegant! Glad I played along with you guys this week.

      Delete
  2. Perfect Michael!! Simple and Clean yet beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This ornament is so pretty, Michael! Love the floral pattern, right up my alley :) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandy. Was fun to play along with you guys again.

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...