Saturday, February 25, 2017

"Loving On" - Your Next Stamp - Congratulations/Cheers Card


Happy Saturday everyone!!  Here in Brasil it's time for Carnaval, which is very different than the one in New Orleans! This is an annual festival held between the Friday afternoon (51 days before Easter) and Ash Wednesday at noon, which marks the beginning of Lent, the forty-day period before Easter.  Huge parades of "Samba Schools" are going on every night in all the major cities here.  Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro have the largest parades, which are also televised.  The costumes are amazing and some of them take a whole year to make and use amazing fabrics, feathers, beads, crystals.....

If you want to learn more about it, check out this page on Wikipedia HERE.

Now for today's post.....I have another card for the "Loving On" - Your Next Stamp.  I love this set of champagne glasses from "Clink".  You can use this set for an anniversary, for the New Year, to celebrate a new baby or a new job...it's just very versatile.

I started with a top folding A2 card base of black cardstock.  I then embossed a piece of metallic white cardstock in an embossing folder from Couture Creations called Annalee, which I adhered to the card front.  I then stamped the glasses on a piece of vellum and embossed it with Sparkle embossing powder by Ranger.  I die cut it using the matching "Clink die" and adhered it to the card front in the center.  

Next I die cut the "Fancy Cheers die" a few times out of thick black cardstock and glued them together.  Then I embossed the word with the same Sparkle embossing powder and adhered it to the card front under the glasses.  The final touch was to adhere a few black sequins to the card front.  

I hope you liked this easy card.  Remember to leave a comment below and on each of the other blog posts in this "hop" to be entered to win a stamp set from Your Next Stamp.  

Here are links to all the posts (other than today's post) so make sure you go check them all out and leave comments!  

World Of Michael Trent (my first post)

Until next time - Hugs from Brasil!!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...