Thursday, August 24, 2017

Stamp Ink Paper "Back To School" Challenge with Memory Box


Hello everyone!  I hope everyone has been well.  I have been busy busy busy working on a bunch of different projects here. And, I started to teach English classes at a school in town two nights a week.  I really need more hours in my day but I think most of us feel this way.  LOL

I made today's card for the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge Blog.  Their challenge this week, No. 113, is Back To School


I had been working on another card using fish stamps but, when I saw that this challenge was a "back to school" challenge, I immediately thought of a "school of fish", and ran with it.  I started with a top folding A2 navy blue card base.  I then cut a piece of white cardstock using the large stitched rectangle from the Bundle of Stitched Shapes set (Simon Says Stamp).  Then I stamped several of the fish from the Fish Tales stamp set (Memory Box) and colored them in with Bic Markers.   I cut a piece of white fun foam, adhered this to the back of my colored fish and then adhered this to the card front.  I then adhered some small googly eyes to each of the fish.


While the eyes were drying, I typed the phrase on the computer, printed it out on white cardstock, cut around each of the words, adhered them to a piece of navy blue cardstock, cut them again and then adhered them under the fish.  

That's it.  Done.  I have to say that this fish set is my new happy set and I can see making a lot of cards with just this one set!  Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this quick card.  If you want to enter a card of your own, just click HERE to be taken right to the challenge.  And remember to share it with me! 

Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card Micheal! Love the school of fish that you colored beautifully. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever - a school of fish! Love the gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! The colorful fish are so fun! Thanks for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week for our Back to School Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a clever pun and a very cute card. I love the bright fish Michael. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp, Ink, Paper. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever, Michael! I love your "school" idea! We're so happy you played with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!!! So colorful and the sentiment is great!

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...