Thursday, November 23, 2017

Anthony's Paper Craft - 3D Christmas Wreath and Black Friday Sale



Hello everyone and Happy Thanksgiving to those of you that are celebrating!!  I am thankful today for a lot of things.  Since my first trip to Brasil in 2002 I have been witness to a lot of injustice in the world.  I have witnessed families with small children living in a tent or under bridges, just steps from traffic.  I have seen people digging through garbage looking for food to eat.  The homeless situation here boggles my mind.  Shanty towns line the highways in places - shacks built with pieces of metal or wood, no bathroom or running water - with families trying to live daily.  When you see these things like this it is a constant reminder that things can be so much worse.  So...that being said....I am thankful that I am not in a situation that I described and that I can try and be part of changing those injustices.  I am thankful for Ruy, for family and close friends that keep me sane (you know who you are), a roof over my head, food in my belly whenever I want.  I am thankful that Ruy and I can afford to keep 7 dogs off the street.  I am also thankful for my readers and followers who keep coming back to enjoy the things that I create.  I am also thankful for wine and Oreos!  LOL  Basically, I am just thankful for whatever I have right now and knowing that I really do not need anything else!

Now...for today's project, which is another 3D "design team" project I made for Anthony's Paper Craft. They are having an amazing Black Friday sale too.  If you loved the 3D Ornament card I made HERE, this is a great deal for you.  Details are below.  

-----------------------------------------------------------
Beginning tomorrow, 
November 24th thru Monday, November 27th, 
when you purchase the 2 large ornament stamps you will receive the two small ornament set FREE (a $12 value).



This offer may be combined with the Stamp of the Month and receive free shipping too.



---------------------------------------------------------
To make this 6" 3D Christmas Wreath Card I started by stamping Wreath 2 on white cardstock with Onyx Black Versafine ink.  Then I scanned it and printed two of the wreaths on another piece of white cardstock - but larger than the original image.  I find that working with larger images for 3D projects is more fun (and easier on the eyes).  Then I had my Scan N Cut cut them out.  


I colored one of the wreaths in full with some fine tip Sharpie markers.  It looks intimidating but, honestly, it only takes about 15 minutes.  I used a light brown marker for the wreath and then red, green, blue, and yellow for the candles, holly leaves and the two ornaments.  I also used applied a dab of Christmas Red Stickles to each of the berries and Frosted Lace Stickles to the two snowflakes.


On the 2nd wreath, I colored the candles, the flames, the two ornaments, and the holly leaves.  I then fussy cut them so that I can make them 3D.


While the Stickles were drying I made my top folding 6" x 6" card base with white cardstock.  Then I adhered a piece of textured brown cardstock to the card front.  

Once the Stickles were dry I adhered the wreath to a piece of textured red cardstock, 5.75" x 5.75", which I then adhered to the card front.  

Then I used the J, O, and Y letters from the Dear Lizzy Gold Foil Thickers and adhered them in the center of the wreath. 

Then I adhered foam dots behind each of the candles, flames, and two ornaments 



and then adhered them to the wreath to give the 3D effect.





And, lastly, because I always have to add just a little something....I added some Yellow, Gold, and Firefly Stickles to the flames, holly leaves, and ornament tops as well as some more crystals to each of the snowflakes. 





Now...I am done!  I would love to know what you guys think of this card.  I know it's not the type of card you make for everyone on your list but it is a beautiful card to make for someone special who might even frame it afterward.  If this inspires you to make one I would love to see it!  

Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

1 comment:

  1. This is an amazingly beautiful card. The colors and images are so stunning. I'm thankful for your creations...they always inspire me.

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...