Friday, November 24, 2017

To Grandma's House We Go - With Unity Stamps and WPlus9


Hello everyone!  I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving - if you celebrated the holiday.  No "official" holiday here so we took off to the paper store so that I can stock up on cardstock and then to the mall to hit a new Japanese store that just opened, my favorite bookstore here, and then to Starbucks for more holiday cups.  Today it is all about cleaning the house because we will have our Thanksgiving tomorrow with friends.  So...what Black Friday bargains are you guys scooping up?

Today's card is for a card swap I am part of.  I had to make a card that had an image of a car with a tree on it.  This idea was festering in my head but it came together pretty nicely!  Plan on making a few more of these this week.      

To start off I (i) made a top folding A2 white cardstock base, (ii) cut a piece of light blue cardstock with the stitched rectangle die from the Stitched Shapes set (Simon Says Stamp), (iii) cut the Mountain Border die (WPlus9) out of Kraft cardstock and then I re-cut it again using the same stitched rectangle die so that the stitching would match, (iv) cut the snowcaps from the Mountain Border die using textured white cardstock, (v) stamped and colored the car from Love Bug Christmas (Unity Stamp) and (vi) cut a few clouds from a piece of scrapbook paper I had in my stash. 

Phew!  



Next, I adhered the snowcaps to the top of each mountain peak with a ZIG glue pen.  Then I made my "road" using two pieces of washi tape in my stash that kinda looked like a road.  


Then I adhered this to the light blue cardstock.  I also adhered the clouds with the ZIG glue pen. 


I found a stamp set in my stash with some small plants and rocks so I stamped them on the card front.  I also cut a piece of fun foam, adhered it to the back of the blue cardstock and then to the card front.  Then I adhered the car to the front, along with some clear sequins, and then stamped the sentiment inside!  



Done!  I am loving this card.  Looks like we packed up the car and are driving towards the mountains where Grandma lives.  LOL  

As always, thanks for stopping by the blog and until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

8 comments:

  1. What a cute and happy card. That washi tape road is very creative! Hope you are having a good Thanksgiving today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I love how that washi tape looks for the road. LOL Turkey day was good but we moved it to Saturday. Hope you had a great holiday.

      Delete
  2. As always, you are very creative. Loved your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rannah. And thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...