Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Up-Cycle A Starbucks Holiday Cup to a Holiday Card


Hello everyone!!  Last week we went to the mall and I made sure we stopped at Starbucks so I could get my hands on the new holiday cup.  I know for most people going to the mall is a normal event - but here - where nothing is normal, going to the mall means a 30 to 40-minute drive, paying a toll both ways, AND we have to pay to park in the mall.  DON'T ASK!  So when we go it has to be worth the trip.  But I digress.  LOL

I returned home with two cups - a Tall and a Grande - and after I cleaned them I put them aside to be used down the road. But then I saw Kathy Racoosin's video on her Instagram page and I got inspired.  You can see the video HERE.  And you can see what she did with her 2016 cup HERE, and her 2015 cup HERE.  Just follow her and subscribe to her blog The Daily Marker - it's totally worth it. 

After the Tall cup dried I took it apart.  


Then I cut and embossed the image using the largest die from the A2 Matting Basics B set (Spellbinders).


Then I sat on the veranda with some Sharpie markers (and some jellybeans) and I colored the cup.  I also used Copic markers for the various skin tone colors.


I cut a top folding A2 card base of white cardstock and adhered a piece of red cardstock on top.  I also cut a piece of white fun foam, adhered it to the back of the Starbucks cup, which I then adhered to the card front.


I stamped the sentiment "Holiday Wishes" (American Art Stamp) on a piece of white cardstock that I cut out using a Stitched Circle die (Memory Box) and then I used a punch to cut the scallop circle of red cardstock, which I adhered over the Starbucks logo (sorry Starbucks).


I added a few small crystals on the tree and some other areas on the card.  I also found a metallic red pen that I ran over all the red areas on the card front to give it some shimmer.  

Done.  Easy Peasy!  


I hope you enjoyed this card.  Now you have an idea of what to do with the Starbucks holiday cup you are running out to get!!  LOL  Until next time everyone - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

3 comments:

  1. So awesome! Love what you didn’t with your cup! All the little touches are perfect! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An awesome upcycle project. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! what a great idea!! It looks fab!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...